Thursday, February 16, 2012

Availability of Indigo Powder? {Reader's Query}

Hey Everyone, Gayathri had asked me to post this query and I do hope some of you might be able to answer her. I can't :( So here goes her question.
* I have brownish-blackish hair - upto my waist. 
* I have applied henna/mehendi and have found that it makes hair really soft. A few greys are popping out and the henna does a good job of coating them a deep red shade. 
* But, I want to change them to black. 
* I have read that Indigo powder (similar to henna) makes the dyes the hair blue - which means henna's red + Indigo's blue = Bluish- black.
I am finding it very very difficult to get indigo powder (in India). 
1. Can anyone suggest where to get the indigo powder from? If an online store, have you ever bought anything there before?
2. Have you had any experience with Indigo powders?
So, have you guys any idea of where one can get Indigo powder? Btw, pure indigo powder is extremely hard to obtain ad is expensive too. So, it is always better to buy for reliable sources to ensure minimum or no adulteration of the powder. And, btw, Lush also has one of their Cacas in Indigo variants but I have had it from one reliable source that it doesn't do anything for gray hair which is pretty sad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment