Thursday, February 16, 2012

How to make Solid Perfume at home? (Part III) {DIY}

So, last two weeks I mentioned a little about background in perfume making and how I went about making my first blend. Today, I wanna talk about making solid perfumes.
Ingredients
  • Essential Oil blend (I used the one I talked about last week)
  • Vaseline / Beeswax (I used vaseline so I shall outline that)
  • Almond Oil / Jojoba Oil
  • Glass Jar / small tin box
Method
  • Melt vaseline till it becomes completely clear. Same goes with beeswax. Use a double boiler for safety.
  • Take a tablespoon of the melted vaseline and pour it into the glass jar or tin box.
  • Add a tablespoon of almond oil.
  • Follow with a tablespoon of Essential Oil blend.
  • Let the mixture cool and your solid perfume is ready!!!
The idea here is to divide the vaseline / beeswax, almond oil and the essential oil blend into the ratio of 1:1:1 depending on the amount of the perfume you want. But, from personal experience, a single table spoon of each would last really long. So, try out smaller batches only.

Which is better - Perfume Oil or Solid Perfume? Many factors decide this answer.
- Ease of Application
- Strength of Perfume
- Duration of Stay
Solid Perfume is easy to apply but Perfume Oil is more strong (probably). How long does solid perfume stay really depends on your own body chemistry. So, you can try both and choose one which suits you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment