Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nivea Fruity Shine Dragon Fruit vs Pomegranate {Product Review}

This post has been long in waiting. I really like Nivea lip balms and have used quiet a few of them but I don't in general like anything sitting on my lips coz it goes down with the water or anything I eat. But, sometime back, Nivea Pomegranate was all the craze and I wanted it badly so I went to hunt for it. In the first attempt, it wasn't available and I ended up buying the Dragon Fruit but the second attempt was successful and I was proud owner of Pomegranate. Ok, I don't remember the prices but both were somewhere near about Rs 125 - 150 range. And, I also don't have the ingredient list. So, lets get on directly with the experience. 

My Experience
Dragon Fruit is pink in color and hideous in fragrance. Of course, I have been using it since 2-3 months or may be more so now, it doesn't offend me at all. But, if you are new to the product, its disgustingly fruity!!! Otherwise, it gives a nice pink tint to the lips and stays on for 2 hours probably. I am not a good judge on staying power coz I keep on munching or eating something or the other and lip balms always disappear!!!
Swatches and excuse the non-waxed hands!!!
Pomegranate is reddish in its tint and gives a beautiful color to the lips. It smells sweet and is pleasanter than Dragon Fruit. It is more moisturizing than the latter one too and probably stays more too from what I have observed. The one thing I would like to include in the review is that the Pomegranate brings out the darker complexion in a beautiful way. It literally makes the skin glow even if you haven't put on any makeup. So, I would definitely recommend this to the darker complexioned people.

Btw, both the lip balms have spf 15 so protect lips from the sun too :)

My Recommendation
If you are warm toned and darker in complexion, I would strongly recommend Pomegranate as it brings out the color of the skin really well. Otherwise, you can go for Dragon Fruit if you are looking for pink. It will best suit on fair skin, though!!!

PS: Oh, btw, did you enter the Yardley giveaway yet??? If you haven't, follow this link - Yardley Giveaway and submit the answer to the question asked and you are done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment