Thursday, September 29, 2011

Marie Veronique Organics After Sun Body Oil {Product Review}

So, this is again one of the samples I received from MVO as I mentioned a few days back. And, I am just on the brink of finishing this. Surprising that so small a sample lasted me so many days!!!
Price: 55$ (Rs 3000 approx) for 120 ml (again, very expensive!!!)

What does MVO say about the product?
  • Soothes and hydrates overexposed skin with borage oil for anti-inflammation and moisture retention to reduce dry, flaky skin
  • Calms with aromatic lavender and imortelle essential oils
  • Repairs damage with carrot seed oil, high in beta carotene
  • Replenishes the lipid barrier compromised by sun exposure with essential fatty acids from jojoba oil
  • Seals in moisture and leaves the skin supple, smooth and more refined
Ingredients
No harmful chemicals, no synthetic fragrances, no waxes that can clog pores, no water that can evaporate and dry out your skin, and no nut oils that can go rancid with UV exposure.
100% vegan
Carthamus tinctorius (safflower oil), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil), Persea gratissima (avocado oil), Borago officinalis (borage oil), Squalene (vegetable squalene from olive oil), Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary oleoresin), Tocopherol (vitamin E), Lavandula augustifolia (lavender essential oil), Helichrysum splendidum (helichrysum essential oil), Daucus carota (carrot seed essential oil)
I love the ingredients of this brand!!! Makes it worth the cost, at least. 

My Experience
I wouldn't talk about any recommendation because I have not experienced the product long enough to make my judgement on it. So, I will only share what I observed in this much time. Its a colorless oil and smells nice to bland. Has a hint of Lavender but I guess its Immortelle which is probably predominant, I am not sure though!!! In case you are wondering where is Immortelle in the ingredient list, Helichrysum splendidum is its scientific name.

The oil is colorless and extremely light but still its quiet moisturizing. I used the oil first on my face where I don't think I noticed any difference and then, I started using on my hands. I don't think I noticed any difference but once when my arms were completely dark in the sun, I applied the oil and next morning, the arms' color was a little back to normal and I think it does reverse tanning to a certain extent. Anyways, the oil gets absorbed very readily into the skin and is non-sticky so keeps the skin soft. 

If you ask me if I would try it again or want to try it again, I would say there are much more interesting things by MVO to try out so I would go for something different next time. I really would give preference to products I haven't tried and I have my eye on Sun Protective Oil which I so want to desperately even though its horribly expensive :)

PS: Oh, btw, did you enter the Yardley giveaway yet??? If you haven't, follow this link - Yardley Giveaway and submit the answer to the question asked and you are done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment