Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vitamin D not easily absorbed? {Health}

This is another comment (by Nids) received on my recently posted Vitamin D deficiency issue which might be very useful to you all.

Hi folks....been reading on this for sometime now and decided to add my two bits today. My parents are both doctors and they say that vitamin D deficiency exists not only because of less exposure to sunlight but also because Vitamin D is not easily absorbed in body due to Cholecalciferol deficiency which helps in Vitamin D's absorption. So she gave me these sachets of Cholecalciferol powder by brand Caldikind (by Mankind brand). Each sachet is 1 gm in quantity and tasteless. She has asked me to add the sachet to curd or water and drink as its tasteless and have at least a sachet each since my bone density is less too (coz of mild Vitamin D deficiency). Each sachet is priced at Rs. 21. She told me to use regularly for about 2 months and then decrease it to 1-2 sachets per week. You can take your physician's advice on this and purchase it from any chemist. I am taking this sincerely as one of my aunts who had deficiency suffered through lots of problems post the age of 35.
Also, Bhumika mentions here that Vitamin D deficiency is getting common over the ages of 40. So, get yourself a thorough checkup if you are above 40. Also, if you are a female, I would also suggest a mammogram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment