Friday, August 10, 2012

My Hair Diaries - July 2012

This month's hair!!
As I had mentioned in my last month entry that I am discontinuing the treatment I was on and going through the same routine using over-the-counter products. Lets see how did it go?

When I looked at the above snap, my initial thought was that my hair is not looking that bad but when I compare it with my during-treatment hair, I was shocked!! And, felt a sharp pang of disappointment and exhilaration too. Disappointment that I left the treatment and exhilaration that the money was worth it :) Yay!! Oh btw, I need to go for trimming as well.


Changes in my Hair
  • I can definitely see difference in my hair volume, especially, on the bald spots (not exactly bald but really less hair and I guess its genetic) on the two sides of the head. Thanks to this oiling routine so I do recommend this to everyone facing hair fall and don't have good hair growth!!
  • Since I have left the treatment products, hair is definitely less on shine!!So, yeah, that's definitely not encouraging :(
  • I need an SLS free shampoo!! Probably would give Soulflower or organic surge a try!! Let's see. 
  • Similarly, have to get rid of the stock of conditioners. Any ideas??? Nah, can't put them on sale coz most of them are PR products or I got them for free and they are all tubs mostly so hygiene issues as well!!! Btw, if anyone in Hyderabad is interested, drop me a mail :)
  • I have not been following the oiling routine since like two weeks!!! Have to start following it again. Also, I can say that it is different from the regular oiling even though it takes a lot of time comparatively because using cotton stimulates the scalp better and also, the cotton method applies oil to the hair and scalp in a good quantity so the hair is softer and deep conditioned every time I oil my hair.  
  • Before I forget, I did face or rather saw many hairs falling during this month. Its due to the monsoons. Rainy season always causes hair fall so don't really worry about it and check out this post on hair care tips for rainy season. But, that's not exactly serious and will be fine within a month or two. Also, the major hair fall I saw was when I ignored washing my hair. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment