Thursday, April 12, 2012

Home Remedies for Hair Growth {DIY}

[Source:she.sulekha.com]
Yesterday, I talked about some of the tips to start taking care of your hair. And, I had said that I shall share some of the home remedies which have helped my hair tremendously in certain number of years. So, lets start on. 

Fenugreek Seeds
[Source:asia.ru]
Yes, the methi or fenugreek seeds about which I talked almost when I started my blog. That was one remedy which helped my hair fall and I guess it did help in a little in improving the hair texture but since I am so lazy, I had discontinued the remedy. I guess its time to start again!!

Egg
As always, I swear by this remedy. Applying egg on my hair weekly has helped my hair a lot and if not in hair growth, it has definitely helped to keep my hair soft, silky and shiny and strong too. But, the downside of the remedy is the smell which even I can't bear so I have not used egg on my hair since quite long.

Yogurt
This was advised to me by one of my friends who was advised by an acquaintance. The said acquaintance used to douse her hair in yogurt everyday and wash it off (not shampoo but only plain water rinse) and used to shampoo her hair once a week. This was the routine in vacations but I do admit that she must have smelt bad!!! But, the remedy and the hard work paid off and her tresses were very beautiful and long. 

Well, I did use the remedy and not quite in the same way but I used to keep curd / yogurt in my hair for 1-4 hours a stretch and wash it off with a shampoo. Over a period of time, my hair texture did improve a lot. And, here I am guessing, that it did improve my hair volume too. But, I am not quite sure on that count.

[Source:beautythroughstrength.com]
Onion Juice
This is something I swear by again and it is one of the top rated of my posts in all time. I know!!! And, yes, onion juice helps a lot in hair growth itself. But, yes, it gives a very foul smell which is why I get discouraged to use the remedy but the results are too obvious. 

The reason why onion works is because of its richness in sulphur, one of the main minerals required for hair growth.  don't know if it will cover a bald spot but yes, it will definitely revive the hair follicles if they have been dormant too long. A very difficult remedy to use, though :(
[Source:boston.com]

Tomato
Again, one of my few first posts on the blog, it had helped to restore my sunburnt and extremely damaged hair to a decent condition. Tomato gives a lot of shine to the hair and also helps with dandruff as it is a little acidic but not as acidic as lemon to leave the hair entirely dry!!!

These are the remedies which have helped my hair a lot overtime. 

PS: Read a status message on FB: 
"Be with a man who ruins your lipstick, not your Mascara!!
What say?? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment