Friday, September 23, 2011

Is my sunscreen working? {Reader's Query}

Well, this question was asked by Monali - how should I know if my sunscreen is working? Answer is that you might never know so put your faith in good products. I will also try to put some guidelines which might help.
Also Remember
  • Sunscreen doesn't prevent tanning, though Zinc Oxide based sunscreens do tend to prevent tanning as much as I have surmised.
  • Sunscreen doesn't protect you from sun completely. It just tries to block some of the radiations (at max 98-99%) so keeping away from sun is the best solution. Try to use protective clothing while in sun and don't forget to reapply.
  • Take Care of your skin well afterward. Always double cleanse to remove sunscreen and use ice cubes to soothe the skin everyday. It acts in two ways -  helps to remove tanning and also calms down the skin after a day in sun. 
  • Applying sunscreen doesn't mean your skin is not getting Vitamin D. It is a huge misconception. 
I think I have addressed all points but if you think something is left out, please do let me know. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment