Friday, June 1, 2012

Just Herbs Silksplash Neem-Orange Rehydrant Face Wash {Product Review}

Price: Rs 245 for 100ml

Ingredients
Neem extract 0.5%, orange peel 0.5%, aloevera 2%, honey 1%, calendule extract 0.5%, cucumber extract 0.2%, chandan (sandalwood) extract 0.1%, cleansing base.

Pros
- Doesn't dry out the face unless used in too much quantity
- Brightens the face

Cons
- Packaging is not very friendly
- Stings the eyes and nasal tract
- Doesn't cleanse well if you have done an oil massage
- Cleansing Base is a mysterious ingredient

My Experience
To start with, it smells nice but I hate the packaging. It comes with a open wide-mouthed bottle which always dispenses more than enough of the face wash and when in hurry, you can see that the product gets easily wasted. The bottle is not easy to handle in the shower either as it is slippery. A stopper or a flip-top cap would have been better.

Also, the product is very runny so use it with care. Very little product is enough for once. The bottle can easily last a month if used properly. Ok, the biggest problem with the product is that it stings my eyes and nasal tract badly. Ok, I cleanse my skin extra-properly because of which the face wash always gets into my eyes and this one gets into my nose as well coz its so runny :(

I have also noticed that it doesn't cleanse my skin well when I apply oil to remove the sunscreen in the evenings. But, otherwise, it really cleanses the face well and shows an immediate brightening of the skin. It also doesn't leave the skin stretched or dry. But, if the product is used in huge quantity, it does dry out the face.

Also, I feel Just Herbs is almost like Biotique because this also uses a mysterious thing called cleansing base in which other extracts have been added. I would love to know the details of this cleansing base. I want to try out their face masks as they seem really impressive and there is apparently no mysterious ingredient in them either. 

PS: Product sent by brand for consideration.
PS 1: Thanks a lot for the amazing response to my giveaway. Its over now and give me sometime to check up on all the entries and announce the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment