Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How do I use a toner? {Skin Care}

Toners at Perfect Skin Care for you
Toner is a product which has been under constant attack by everyone saying it is a useless step and doesn't really do anything for skin. But, you might have checked out my many DIY toners. So, yes, I do use a toner on and off and since face mists have hit the market, they have been favorites with every gal. So, I wanted to share a tip today. Using a toner regular can improve the hydration levels of the skin. And, for that, you need not go any far.

What toner do I use?
A simple rose water is enough to do the job. Or, green tea as well. I had also prepared a toner with essential oils which I had shared here. Frankly, I have used only one commercially available spritzer otherwise all my toners are DIY's. They are inexpensive and also I can play with them as I want. 

How do I use the toner? 
I store my toners in spray bottles and try to use them both morning and night but generally, I miss them in the mornings!!! I collect the toner in my palm by spraying 5-8 pumps and rub the palms and apply the toner on my face and neck. No, generally, I don't spill the product.

Results
Whenever I apply the toner on my face and then, follow immediately with facial oils, I have always noticed that the products get absorbed super fast and also leave a very dewy look. Also, the amount of moisturizer / oil required is less comparatively to when skin is not dewy. And, if you use green tea as a toner, it also helps with breakouts and acne!! 

My skin is more hydrated and supple and if I miss toner 2-3 days continuously in a row, my skin goes dull again :( So, I am working on making 'applying toner' a very religious affair. Do give this tip a try and lemme know how it goes for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment