Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dove Color Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner {Product Review}

Shampoo
Price: Rs 130 for 200ml

Ingredients

Pros
- not very harsh on hair
- does clean the hair really well in even one go

Cons
- has SLS
- can be drying for dry hair types

My Experience
The product is pearly white and cleanses very nicely. It removes all the oil in almost one go unless your hair is dripping with oil. Its not exactly harsh on hair and I found it to be less drying than Dove Nourishing Oil shampoo. What else should I say?  

Conditioner
Price: Rs 72 for 90ml

Ingredients

Pros
- very light so doesn't weigh down the hair
- makes the hair soft
- adds a bit of shine

Cons
- probably doesn't really do anything for the hair except for making it shiny

My Experience
As I mentioned above, the consistency of the product is light and very creamy so it spreads easily on wet hair. If you keep it less than a minute. it doesn't really do anything for the hair but around even a minutes is enough to make the hair soft and shiny. 

Don't know how much it does for the colored hair coz its not exactly a deep conditioning or damage repair product (colored hair is dry and might be damaged in some cases). Also, I don't think it really made my year old colored hair glowing or soft. 

Overall Verdict
But, then, to do justice to the product, my hair color is pretty old and I have done a lot of things to my hair since then as part of various treatments. Overall, the range is worth a try.

PS: Product sent as a part of Indiblogger promotion.

Other products from Dove:

No comments:

Post a Comment