Thursday, July 26, 2012

Do you suffer from Vitamin D deficiency? {Health}

I had talked about Vitamin D deficiency very recently in this post. One of the blog readers, Roshni, left this comment which I think is worth reading.

I have vitamin D deficiency. Against the requirement of at least 30, my vitamin D was 3.4. My doc is giving me injections for the deficiency and has asked me to be very careful for sometime as my bones are brittle and can fracture easily.
Vitamin D deficiency is truly very common today (particularly after you start working as most people spend the whole day indoors). My suggestion to anyone who has this routine of getting up, exercising in the house and then going to work, to get your vitamin D checked.
I would again like to assert that going outdoors or having a house which has plenty of ventilation is a good idea as well as a proper balanced diet is very necessary to combat such deficiencies.

Image Courtesy:doktorium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment