Saturday, April 28, 2012

Open Pores? {Reader's Query}

"I am having normal to skin, I don't have acne problems but I have some tiny pores around my cheeks and in the forehead. Please do suggest me a solution for this. I don't know how I got this pores , I use to scrub my face once in three days. I thought this should be a problem so I have started to use scrub once in one week."

Open Pores and Causes
Open pores are one of the worst problems of a smooth and flawless look. I do have huge pores on my cheeks, upper lip area and even forehead and sometimes, when my face is too oily, these pores look even bigger which is such a buster for me. Open pores are not exactly a problem but can occur to anyone at any age. 

In fact, the size of the pores is dependent on two factors, neither of which are under your control - heredity and age. Yes, if either of your parents have large pores, your tend to get large pores and sometimes, the size of these pores tend to increase with age or rather the prominence of the pores increases with age. 

How to control the Open Pores
Reducing the size of the pores is impossible. So, any product which promises to do that is lying. Ok, yes, it is possible to get a flawless look with the help of foundations or tinted creams but if you use mineral makeup, sometimes, the pores can get enhanced instead of getting covered up depending on the quality of the product. This can happen with cream foundations too at times if its not blended well. Thus, to get a flawless look, it is essential to have a good brush for application as well as a good product. 

Also, since the size of the pores is more, the dirt can get entrapped more easily and likely, there is more dirt inside so cleansing of the pores becomes essential. Generally, oily skin has larger pore size and consequently, more secretion of sebum. Thus, the pores have to cleansed on a regular basis. Three times a week is a good routine.

Home Remedies to reduce the pore size
These are temporary solutions and can be done as a quick fix.
  • Egg White mask: makes the face firmed up, lifted up and pores size also gets decreased. 
  • Ice cubes: Cold constricts the pores size and gives a flawless blending of the foundation. 
  • Cucumber: Similar to ice cubes effect. 
  • Honey: helps in making the skin smooth. 
What do you do for open pores? 
Image Courtesy: ourvanity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment