Monday, April 2, 2012

How to remove tanning on arms? {Skin Care}

[Source:writinginspiration.tumblr.com]
Tanning on my arms has been a long standing issue. And, last week, when someone requested me remedies for the same, I thought I would better do a post. Disclaimer: I wouldn't say that I am entirely rid of the tan but I have surely made some progress in the recent years and now, my hands looks a little better than what they did 5-6 years back. 

All of my issues started with the college whether hair or skin. In the school, everything was covered upto the neck and the arms were entirely shrouded in full sleeves and even my socks used to reach the knees and my skirt used to end just above so my knees were definitely one of the most hit parts of my body. But, since, I have been covering my legs ever since, my knees and the surrounding areas have lost all the tan and returned to their normal shade again. 

But, now, the issue remains with my arms and neck. My face is still doing a lot better. So, how to save the arms?
  • Elbow-length Gloves: Yes, those which are used for driving. I had started to wear them pretty regularly a year or two back and had noticed my arms coloring had improved quite a lot. But, I shall also accept that they are uncomfortable and cumbersome but then, we do wear scarves all over the face, right??? 
  • Sunscreen: Oh yes, absolute must. Arms get tanned very easily and we generally tend to miss them out while applying the sunscreen. But, applying sunscreen on the arms do make a huge deal of difference. I have tried Biotique ones and have received great results and they are economical too. And, right now, I am using Neutrogena Ultra sheer which is equally good but definitely not so economical for me. 
So, those were my two pennies on how I protect my arms and seriously, I have never done anything more for my arms or any other part of my body except face and probably neck (which shall be another post!!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment