Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Foundation / Tinted Mositurizer - Blending Basics {Skin Care}

[Source:theknot.ninemsn.com.au]
I have been using tinted moisturisers (TM's) since last September and as a result, I have gone through various stages of difficulties in blending them into the skin. So, I thought I would put down certain things important to take care while blending. This is from an amateur perspective and I use just fingers to blend in. 

Smooth Skin
Smooth skin is very essential to begin with before doing the blending. Flaky skin is the worst thing which can happen to you so always make sure you exfoliate your face, neck and decolletege regularly to make sure that your tinted cream goes on smoothly and blends in your skin without leaving any patches and the whole of the exposed skin is in same shade. 

Amount of product
This point is very important. You should know how much is enough for your skin otherwise you can end up looking like a ghost. To make sure you don't overuse, dot your face with the tinted moisturiser and blend in. Add the moisturiser as and when needed. This way you don't generally end up over-using. 

Uneven Complexion
My forehead is almost a shade darker than my face and it always gets darker if I don't eat properly so whenever I apply TM's, I have to make sure, it has blended well with the darker shade of my skin otherwise it looks ghostly on that area. And, getting different shades for different parts of your skin is not exactly a viable option. So, take care to use less of the TM on the darker area and blend well.

Apply moisturiser
It moisturises your skin and provides a base for the foundation / TM to go on smoothly. So, it is always a good idea to apply a moisturiser and wait for 5-10 minutes before applying a TM to allow the moisturiser to dry up.  And, it also gives a dewy finish leaving your skin looking hydrated and radiant.

Use fingers deftly
If you use fingers to blend in, make sure they are clean first. Use your middle finger to do the blending. It always helps to dot the face with the TM. And, instead of rubbing the product, patting it works better. Doing the patting motion quickly helps in giving a smooth finish and avoids the pulling of the skin which happens when you tend to rub in the product.

Make sure you have time
I have always noticed that when I am pressed for time, I am never able to blend well. Either I over-use the product or don't use the fingers quickly enough to give a smooth finish. And, patting always takes more time than rubbing in.

So, hope this is helpful to you all. Do drop in your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment