Monday, February 27, 2012

Skin dryness and burning? {Skin Care}

I recently, or it has probably been sometime, received a query from a reader which went like this:
"She has oily skin and prone to pimples. But, this winter, her skin is excessively dry. The lady applies an oinment "Acnicin Gel" to dry out acne. She asked if this gel was the reason of her skin drying out? Her skin even burns while applying moisturizer. She has already tried using vaseline and olive oil but to no effects."
Frankly, I am entirely clueless regarding her  problem. It tried racking my brains too to find out if I had ever faced such a situation or anything. So, this is my explanation which might be wrong. I do hope you all will surely contribute remedies to this problem.

[Source: Google Images]
Hormonal Imbalances
The first reason I can attribute her dryness is to hormonal changes. The reason I am saying is that as the various phases of life pass by, our hormones change and that affects the entire health. This winter and even now, even I am experiencing extreme dryness. And, I do moisturize regularly, I am eating healthily but to be honest my routine was not as good till a month back so probably this is a butterfly effect of that health negligence routine.

Ointment
Since she asked that if the dryness is due to the ointment, I would say it is unlikely if you have been using it since years together as I am assuming you have. Otherwise, may be. That can easily be made out looking at the past history with the ointment.

How to take care of the skin burning?
Aloevera should be a good alternative to relieve the burning of the skin.

How to treat dry skin?
Now, using aloe causes skin to dry out even more so dryness becomes an issue again but guess what, aloe also improves the moisture levels of the skin. And, using a good moisturizer after a soothing application of aloevera should do the trick.

I really hope you try these remedies out and do let me know how it works out for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment