Friday, February 10, 2012

How am I maintaining my weight? {Health}

I am getting tired of the pressure of putting up a new post everyday and I want to maintain it as a routine. And, frankly, I am not getting a lot of me-time these days which help me do whatever I want. So, I decided I will write on something happening with me these days. 
[Source:life123.com]
I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts in December or some time that I am not eating properly and consequently my health was suffering. Now, I have started to keep a healthy eating routine since almost two weeks and I am amazed that my weight has not yo-yo'ed this time. So, I decided that I would just discuss that with you all. 

My weight always zooms up and down depending on the kind and amount of food I eat. Not that I am eating junk or less food, this time my routine is coupled with a healthy daily routine. So, let's check out and see if you can incorporate something out of it. Btw, I am not doing anything new. No exercise too.
  • I have to get up everyday in between 7 and 7:30. Trust me, its damn difficult and my mom wakes me up. She has this habit of repeatedly calling my name and I have an aversion to getting up hearing that, so it always works :D
  • Consequently, I take bath immediately and have my breakfast before 9. It is supposed to be a very good habit to have your breakfast at around 8:30. 
  • I like my breakfast heavy but I am not able to eat much of it so let's just say that my breakfast has oats or cornflakes w/o sugar and something going with it like bread with sesame butter I got from NaturalMantra recently or jams (that's not a breakfast I relish!!) or poha or a single paratha (which is generally not enough). I did try to take fruits regularly till now - apple, banana, oranges till now.
  • Then, I have my lunch in between 1 and 2. Either rice or roti with vegetables. Btw, currently, the oil I am using is sesame oil.
  • I come back from work at around 5:30 or 6. I like a light snack time with tea. It can be bread, biscuits, chiwda or mixture made at home or if I am feeling really hungry, sunfeast pasta or maggi.
  • Then, my dinner at 9. Pretty light. Generally, some rotis.
  • And, I sleep by 10 - 10:30 (my beauty sleep) :D
So, that's what is my current routine is like. And, my day comprises of walking for 1km probably, not more. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I am desperately lacking on the amount of water needed in the system everyday. I really need to increase it. And, another bad habit I am facing is the addiction to tea. I have to cut that down as well. So, yes, I do need to work on some things but my weight is pretty much constant right now.  

And, btw, did you notice how hot Hyderabad has got in this past week. Don't know what will happen in the summers this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment