Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Biotique Bio Almond & Cashew Fresh Repleneshing Hair Serum {Product Review}

I have not been online for quite a number of days so if you have sent me mails, please give me sometime. My lappie crashed, then windows didn't recover, so shifted to ubuntu and now, the touchpad is being erratic so it's an ongoing schedule of laptop disasters!!! But, I am hoping to be back soon and I have a huge backlog of product reviews which I have committed to. So, this was requested by Divine Blush. Hope you find it satisfactory :) I had long since wanted a leave-in hair serum which doesn't have silicones and keeps my hair healthy. So, I got this the first time I laid my eyes on it.

Price: Rs 159 for 35ml

Ingredients
I don't know if you can read it properly but I, sure as hell, can't. So, here's the list: Nariyal Jal (3%), Dudhal (3.5%), Manjishta (2.1%), Cotus Bergamia [wrong spelling, couldn't read] (0.5%), Kaju (0.5%), Badam Tail (2%), Himalayan Water Q.S

Pros
- Ingredient List is very impressive
- It keeps the hair soft

Cons
- It doesn't really do anything on its own unless you lock it in the hair (I am guessing this!!!)

My Experience
I am actually a bit confused about the serum even now after using the entire bottle. So, I shall first talk about its texture. Let me say this that I love the ingredients and the texture of the product is like a thick gel but it is not at all sticky on the hair. It spreads easily through the hair and keeps the hair really soft.

And, here is where my problem began. Once, it wasn't able to control the frizz in my hair. Then, next time, it kept my hair really beautiful and soft and manageable. Then, again, it made my hair a bit greasy as I applied a bit more (or, it might have been the oil or hair not being washed properly, I am not really sure).

Since I was so confused about the product, I experimented a lot with it. I have applied this serum and followed with a drop or two of oil to lock in the moisture or followed it with a single pump of Dove Nourishing Care serum. Both times, I would say that it kept my hair really beautiful, shinier and moisturized.And, the best part was that my hair was hydrated for a longer time.

The reason for good hydration, as I think, is the ingredient list. It is full of water so locking it with oil or a moisture-locking serum works wonders for the hydration levels of the hair and that's why, this product works. It doesn't weigh the hair down but a little trial and error is required to make out how much of the product is required for the hair.

Have you used this serum?

No comments:

Post a Comment