Thursday, October 20, 2011

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask {Product Review}

I am definitely in love with the brand. Almost all of its products work so fabulously. And, I would love to try more of them. So, lets check out how this worked for me?

Price: 13.25 Pounds (Rs 1000 approx) for 75ml

Ingredients 
The sponges are made up of 100% cellulose
Packaging
I love the packaging. The whole thing came in a zip pouch as you can see in the pic. Don't you just love it when you are treated special with such small considerations??? They sent two sponges two along with the mask to wash off the mask. 
the sponges get hard after being rinsed in water but nothing to worry about!!!
My Experience
Ok, so I look almost like Shrek when I have this on my face. As you can see, its a dirty green to grayish in color and smells weird, frankly. It is supposed to have rose-scented geranium but the smell is no where like rose and I don't know what Geranium smells like but it must be bad. The fragrance is also earthy and herbal which makes you feel good about the mask. And, the smell is not at all over-powering so no problems.

So, you are supposed to apply the mask in a generous layer after cleansing with Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser and let it stay for 5-10 minutes before wiping it off. Well, I thought 5-10 minutes is pretty less so I let it stay for 15-20 minutes but actually you can wipe it off as soon as it dries. Now, the mask doesn't dry off like other clay masks and doesn't get hardened. It just dries off and makes the face a little stiff. That's it!! So, you will know its time to wipe it off. So, use the sponges given, take one in each hand and wring it in hot water and wipe off the mask. When the whole thing is gone, splash cool water on the face and follow with a moisturizer. 

So, how does it feel when the mask is on? Frankly, its awesome. It feels hot or warmed up to a comfortable extent (I don't know if its a psychological feeling) and the first time I used it, it did tingle for 2 minutes on my face but never again. And, if feels comfortable to keep it on so you will feel nice. The warmth feeling goes away after probably 4-5 minutes. And, boy, you do feel like its a deep cleansing mask you have applied on. You can actually feel it working. And, what's the skin like after washing off the mask?

Well, I would say nothing special. Yeah, I know. It cleanses the skin well but it doesn't make our face light like a bulb or something. Liz Earle has a separate mask for that. The skin looks exactly the same as before, just that its more dewy and soft and oil-free and may be plump too because it does look a little hydrated. The best part of the mask is that it is so good at removing the excess oils. It doesn't make my face dry or anything. In fact, I would say that the first time I applied the mask, I was disappointed to find not much difference in the face. But, next day, I observed that there was comparatively less oil production. And, with regular usage of the mask, my face does produce less oil but then the temperatures are also cooling off to be fair. And, also after removing the mask, your face feels pleasantly cool and whatever treatment you follow up after the mask is absorbed really quickly into the skin. And, since we are talking about Deep Cleansing, you would definitely want to know about blackheads and pores size. So, as I have shared with you, much of my blackheads problem was solved due to using Groundnut oil for cleansing, the remaining ones did get removed along with the mask. And, the pores size do get reduced but that effect is temporary. Overall, I am very happy with the mask.

My Recommendation
Yes, an unequivocal yes for all the oily and combination skin gals out there. It really works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment