Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Walk softly and quietly {Grooming}


Yes, we shall start on grooming lessons. I thought this would make an interesting series for all to read. The idea came to me when I observed that one of the girls staying with me always makes noise while walking up and down the stairs. Well, when you are wearing slippers, its pretty obvious, it will make noise. 

But, I have also noticed that many people tend to drag their feet while walking. Now, that's a habit I love to do occasionally for fun and my mom shouts on me. Yes, its ingratiating on other's nerves who listen to your dragging footwear. And, not only that, the way you walk tells a lot about your personality. 

No one like clip-clopping heels or noisy steps. In fact, it makes you look careless, slouchy and irresponsible. Yes, you might look elegant and sophisticated but once people listen to the way you walk, everything goes out of window. So, don't make people listen to the way you walk, let them just watch!


This becomes even more important in a professional environment. Get your heels fitted with rubber soles. Or, choose a lighter footwear which doesn't make noise. Flipflops make lot of noise so watch out where you are wearing them. Don't try to turn attention to the kind of shoes you are wearing by the way you walk!! That's not flattering at all. Not even in a party.

I did read that clicking heels sound and look authoritative and the mark of a POWERFUL WOMAN. Ok, not in my opinion (unless you own a fashion magazine or some such thing, no bias or sarcasm to fashion world but that's where clicking heels sound good for me, remember The Devil Wears Prada??) but that's my problem!! And, the heels have to click in sync and rhythmic and calming manner for that POWERFUL impression so do practice how to walk properly in them.

So, do you walk lightly or heavily or love to make noise when walking? I, for myself, like to walk softly. I don't like to be centre of attention ever. I'm more of a sneaking-into-the-corner kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment