Friday, August 24, 2012

Nivea Sun Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 PA++ {Product Review}

Price: Rs 299 for 125ml

Pros
gets absorbed really easily
no white cast
is non-sticky as it says
also, water resistant
doesn't get greasy!!

Cons
the ingredients are not stable so has to be reapplied every one to two hours without fail
less on UVA protection coz its just PA++ and not PA+++

My Experience
When I had started using this after its counterpart, I was very happy because of no white cast issues. Its of the same consistency but gets absorbed really easily and can be applied in any amount. It doesn't even get greasy and doesn't feel sticky which is one of the best features of the product.
This time, I took out time to analyze the ingredients. Check out the image but I noticed that they do not have any stabilizing agents. [Read about sunscreen ingredients here.] Because of which, I did notice tanning on my hands because I do not reapply the sunscreen (which is very important) and I do go out in the noons, at the peak times when sun's rays are strongest.

Why there was no tanning with the SPF 50 counterpart? Probably because spf 50 provides more protection and it left a white cast which prevented the sun's rays from directly hitting the skin. I didn't analyze the other's ingredients either so this is just hazarding a guess!!

PS: Product sent by brand.

Other products from Nivea:

No comments:

Post a Comment