Thursday, June 7, 2012

Foods to eat and avoid during weight loss regime {Health}

I had posted about my weight loss resolution a while back. Not that its really working out great but I thought I would do a post on what foods to avoid during weight loss regimes.

Substitute Brown Rice for White Rice
Brown Rice has amazing amount of fiber and nutrition as compared to white rice. You can read about the comparison here. Also, it has amazing amount of health benefits as well. More fiber is equal to increased metabolism of the body and higher rate of fat burning. And, fiber keeps a person full for longer and control the cravings. I have noticed that whenever I eat white rice I always put on weight which doesn't happen when I eat brown rice.

Avoid Potatoes
Potatoes are one of the most dangerous foods when on a weight loss regime. I love potatoes to the core and can't ever avoid them in any form, be it sandwiches or parathas or golgappas :D My mouth is already watering!!! So, try to avoid the huge potatoes and if you have to eat the potatoes, go for the baby potatoes as they are more nutritious and have less starch as compared to the bigger ones. Oh, I forgot to tell you that you can always have baked potatoes.

No Carbohydrates after 6:00 PM
This is one of the most important things to remember. Eating sugar or any carbohydrates after 6 is bound to increase your fat. Because, the carbohydrates and sugar get accumulated and do not get metabolised by the body in the evenings properly. So, say no to pastries and cheese and rice and all the yummy things after 6!!! For dinner, concentrate only on more of the fiber intake so that the digestion is faster and easier.  

Would you like to add anything to the list?
Image Courtesy:f-factordiet.co,padhuskitchen.com,clinicme.com

PS: Don't forget the enter the Aloe Veda giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment