Sunday, January 24, 2016

Kiko Smart Lip Pencil 709 Magenta


Holy mother of lip pencils, I adore this lip colour! When I was ordering from Kiko's website, I didn't quite know what to expect, but this colour is so spot on "me". I feel these types of shades are just my colour. Though it's a lip pencil, the formula is comfortable enough to be worn on it's own instead of a lipstick and the fact that it costs only 2.50 € is a huge plus.


Colour: Magenta is as the name suggests a magenta, but a warm interpretation of the shade. In other words is a warm hot pink, the type of colour I really love because it's fun and easier to wear for everyday than a classic red. Catrice's Ultimate Colour Lipstick in MATTraction is similar, but more red, while MAC's Relentlessly Red is lighter and more coral. If you ever searched for a lip liner that would work with MATTraction or just want a similar and even more affordable alternative, this is it.


Texture: It's a soft pencil, though not as buttery as Essence's, which for me is a good thing. It reminds me of Bourjois pencils, but it's not as waxy. It transfers easily on the lips, with no dragging and it's not so soft that you wouldn't be able to do a precise application. The finish it leaves is matte and I don't find it drying, but if your lips are dry, you should take it into consideration that it's not as creamy as Essence's pencils and that it will emphasize dry patches.

Staying power: The pencil transfers well due to creaminess, which also means that the staying power isn't its strong point, but it manages to survive well enough and it's comparable to a creamy lipstick. It does smudge, so don't run too confidently around with it.


This is a gorgeous lip colour for such an affordable price. If you happen to find yourself in Kiko's shops, give this a swatch. The staying power isn't amazing, but since I know most of you love Essence pencils, this won't be an issue for you and you'll probably like the creamy texture of it. I really recommend picking this up if you like such lip colours.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment