Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sunsilk Keratinology Dual Treatment Shots {Product Review}

PS: This is a requested review and I tried to find the one who requested it on facebook but seems like she has deleted her profile. So, if you are reading this review, hope you find the review satisfactory.
[Source:stylecraze.com]
Price: Rs 300 for 1 pack which includes a 15ml Conditioner and 5 ml leave-in serum

Pros
- leaves the hair well-conditioned 
- defines the curls and waves well

Cons
- no ingredients mentioned
- packaging is very unfriendly
- expensive for the quantity
- not sure if it really works

My Experience
Keratinology range from sunsilk definitely has created waves. And, I was very attracted to the product so I bought it. Now, whether it still attracts me or not is the question. Let me start with saying it is expensive. A 15ml conditioner and a 5ml leave-in serum for 300 bucks is way too expensive for me. I hate the packaging too.

Moreover, the tubes are probably supposed to be a one time use. The tubes do not have screw-on caps but a cap which has to be broken off. So, if you can't use all at once (which you never will unless you have a knee-length hair), you have to store it at your hazard. I had to keep the tubes vertically positioned in the bathroom. 

Conditioner - Also, when your hands are wet, the contioner tube keeps slipping from your hands because the surface is slippery and also the size doesn't help. So, squeezing the conditioner is a challenge. The conditioner is white in color and smells good. Its just like any other conditioner as Dove or Pantene and I didn't really feel any difference. 

It has to be kept for 1 minute on the hair. Its a Keratin treatment and I don't know how much of the treatment really gets absorbed in a minute. Anyways, I used to keep it for 2-5 minutes. The tube lasted me for four washes.  

Serum - This is a follow-up treatment for shine and smoothness. Its a leave-in serum and does add shine to the hair. And, it gives a good definition to my curls and waves which I particularly like. But, it doesn't add any smoothness to my hair. I use 10 drops of serum after every wash and it is still left so I have preserved the tube. 

The product has not really done anything different to my hair which might have impressed me. Moreover the effects seem to wear off the next day. I don't know if its worth trying or not. If you feel like, you can give it a try. And, who knows, it might suit your hair. Its an average product for me but I do wish the packaging gets improved. 
Have you tried this? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment