Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vedic Line Papaya Scrub and Papaya Face Pack {Product Review}

Wish you a very happy Valentine's Day!!! 
In case the title is misleading, they are separate products but I wanted to review them together because I used them together and they are complimentary products. Papaya extract is one of the most powerful Alpha Hydroxy Acids and does a lot of good to the skin. So, let's get to the review part.
Price: Rs 175 for 100ml (for both)

Ingredients
So, you can see that the ingredients are all same except that the scrub has walnut shells for scrubbing!!!



"In a nutshell"

Pros
  • Ingredient List is very impressive, no parabens
  • Both make the skin glow beautifully and make it look pink
Cons
  • Scrub is not the one you would reply for a hardcore job
  • Smells sickly sweet (con for sensitive noses)
Wish List (to the brand)
  • Packaging - I really wish they could be put in dark glass jars. That makes it look classy and is good for the active papaya extract too.

My Experience with the Scrub and Pack
They both are muddy and brown in color and have a very sweet fragrance. I can't describe it but its very familiar. And, needless to say, I don't really like it. But, the good thing is that it doesn't get inside my nose and bother me. Otherwise, it would have been very difficult for me to use them. As you already must have checked out, the ingredients are entirely the same.
Let's talk about scrub first. First time I used it, I hated it and liked it as well. I hated it because the walnut shells are really harsh and they really hurt my skin!!! It's grown sensitive over time. But, I liked it because it gives a rosy glow to the face after you are done and even the clay helps in the exfoliation.

And, now comes the problem, it is a little difficult to wash off!!! The clay tends to accumulate on the skin so it needs more water to wash off. I have used it for the entire body too and is good enough for that job as well. But, another issue I have with this is that this is not a heavy duty scrub. It is good for regular exfoliation but if you are ex foliating after a very long time, this is not ideal for that.
And, coming to face pack, I have lesser complaints. It is supposed to go on moist skin and spreads easily. I like to put on a thick layer and keep it on for 15-20 minutes when it gets a little dry. The pack states it should be wiped off when its half-dry so I get it off after that. And, my skin is always invariably glowing and pinkish and really bright which I love.

Like the scrub, it takes a little time to wash off but on the good side, it removes my tan and also with the uneven skin tone of my forehead!!! So, as a final word, I think this is a good pack to try. Ok, this pack does tingle a bit when applied on but then it has papaya extract and that is the reason for the tingling nature. The pack doesn't burn or anything.

The final word I would say is that they should really change the packaging. I have no issues with tub packagings but it is made of cheap plastic and has a false bottom and strictly speaking, it might be a bit expensive too (but the product works so that's fine). I would rather say that an elegant glass packaging might give a different look to the entire product. Btw, both would probably last 10-15 times each more or less which is decent enough for the price.

Availability
Online - UrbanTouch.com
Have you tried this brand?

PS: Product sent by the brand.

Other reviews from the brand:
Vedic Line Neem & Brahmi Disinfecting Face Wash

No comments:

Post a Comment