Thursday, August 2, 2012

Is your vision not 6/6? {Health}

So, this post is in general for everyone but people who are myopic or hypermetropic (I don't know if that's a term, someone correct me please!) should pay special attention to this post. So, remember I had told that I have got new specs for myself? I always get mine made from Lawrence and Mayo and would really recommend it to everyone unless you already know of a place better than that!!

Anyways, so these L&M guys also have an optician who checks out your power before ordering for one. So, I get mine tested from them since I have never found a single reliable eye doc in Hyderabad and I did get my vision tested in November by my regular doc. And, the opticians at L&M are great. I again digress!! So, this guy asked me how much time I spend on laptop?

And, my answer was literally almost all time since that was true. The number goes like 18 out of 24!! And, he was pretty distressed and told me that you should in fact go out a bit and roam around because its very necessary for eyes to be acclimatised to look at distant distances to preserve the vision. So, if you are also a researcher who loves to be cooped up in front of the system all time, go out and have a stroll and do some exercise outdoors.

In fact, I would say that initially looking at far away distances was difficult for me coz I felt as if everything was swimming after a mere 10mtrs. Yes, that's pretty bad but then my myopic vision is pretty bad and its getting worse, thanks to laptop!! But, I have started going out for walks since I have moved to the new place and I am feeling better day by day. And, my eyes also feel relaxed not having to stare into system all time. 

Grab a book and curl up in a bed. The weather is too awesome to miss out such a chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment