Sunday, November 13, 2011

Aarohi Oil of Apricot {Product Review}

You must have heard of Apricot Oil being a staple beauty product with Katrina Kaif. Yup, she uses it as a moisturizer so when I got this, I was pretty excited coz I had never known Apricot oil before this. So. how did it go?

Price: Rs 185 for 100ml

My Experience
Well, the first thing I would say is awesome!!! Yup, the apricot oil is a little thick but not at all sticky and gets absorbed into the skin so quickly that you wouldn't even notice it. It doesn't leave the skin oily at all. Instead, the skin feels awesomely smooth and soft and remains moisturized for 12 hours at a go. That is the maximum time I observed coz I do prefer to apply moisturizer twice a day and I generally take bath at night. But, seriously, I am a fan of Apricot oil and would even go to the lengths of saying that its way better than almond, coconut and olive oil. 

The only problem is that Apricot oil is not very widely available so if you get it, you are lucky. I picked this brand coz this was the one I laid my eyes on but do give any brand you get a try and generally, these oils are available from the small scale and fair trade brands which have come up as communities for encouraging and promoting backward villages and such. So, you are also doing a service which should make you happy :) Talking about this particular brand, I would say that it does look like its unadulterated as it has a nutty smell which adulterated oils lose. I did buy another brand but I haven't started using it so can't comment. But, I shall surely update my experience with the other one.

Another thing I would like to add is that I used this only as a body oil and not facial oil so I don't know how it does perform on the face but it is amazing as a body oil. As a facial oil, I felt it was probably a bit thick but then, since its getting colder now, it would probably be fine as a facial oil too. But, the oil does give a satin or silky skin feel after applying it. 

My Recommendation
Yes, yes and yes!!! You would yourself be amazed at the results :)

Availability
Yup, so talking about availability, I bought it online here: http://www.talash.com/send-online-natural-beauty-hamper-india-product.html. I had bought a gift set which came with the scrub and soap too. I have reviewed the scrub long back and adding a word about the soap, it was the best soap I had ever used and am definitely planning to get it again next time once I run out of my stocks :)

Have you tried using Apricot Oil? Pin It

Also read reviews of the products from the same brand:

No comments:

Post a Comment