Saturday, March 31, 2012

Can aloevera be used as sunscreen? {Sunscreen}

[Source:infobarrel.com]
I was checking out my analytics page and saw this in the query section. And, then, I remembered many people had asked me this particular question earlier. So, I thought I would make a post of this.

Aloevera and Sun Protection
Aloevera, in itself, doesn't provide any sun protection of its own. It, in fact, cures the damages caused by sun's rays.So, you can call it more a after-sun treatment than calling it a sunscreen. Aloevera is a very versatile plant which can treat sunburns as easily as it can slow down the aging of the skin. The gel has healing properties instead of protection properties. 

Sunscreen
There is a reason for the existence of wide variety of sunscreens in the market. And, I have time and again asserted their importance in skin care. As a personal opinion, I would always assert that it is better to rely on products available in the market for such a product than trying out your own remedies without proper research.

My personal favourites are Zinc Oxide sunscreens but a stable chemical sunscreen also does a good job. Choose one according to your budget and be regular and diligent in its application, specially, in the summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment